Sweet BBQ Pulled Jackfruit
- 2 cans jack fruit: drained, rinsed, & chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.When hot, add 2 tbsp. water, then add the onions and garlic.
- Sauté for 3~5 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add the chopped jackfruit, broth, maple syrup, lime juice, and spices to the pot and cover. Reduce heat and let it simmer until the jackfruit softens slightly, ~5 minutes.
- Take a potato masher, and smash all the jackfruit up to get shredded texture.
- Add in favorite BBQ sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes or until desired texture.
Fresh Lime & Cilantro Coleslaw
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add carrots, green cabbage, purple cabbage, cilantro and green onions into a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, add lime juice, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Pour dressing onto slaw mix, stir and serve.