PIGS Animal Sanctuary offers a refuge for abused, abandoned, and neglected animals. Founded in 1992, PIGS Animal Sanctuary is a true safety-net for potbelly and farm pigs.
Animals who arrive at the Sanctuary often have complicated medical or emotional needs, a history of abuse, neglect, or ailments related to factory farming or genetic engineering, and are often considered “un-adoptable.”
However, the Sanctuary seeks to find forever loving homes for some of our animals. We need your help to continue providing this life-saving refuge for animals who need us for survival.
Men born in the Year of the Pig are optimistic and gentle. They are very focused, and once they decide on a goal,
they’ll put everything into it.
Women born in the Year of the Pig are full of excitement. They attend social events whenever possible and treat
everyone genuinely. Combined with their easygoing personality, they gain everyone’s trust.
It’s the Year of the Pig!
A few fun facts about the pig:
- Pigs are one of the smartest animals. Their intelligence ranks higher than dogs and even some primates
- Pigs are very social and they form close bonds with each other and other species
- In their natural state, pigs are very clean animals, as they keep their toilets far from their living or feeding areas
- Pigs have very long memories and can remember things even years later!
- Pigs use their grunts to communicate and the sound depends on their own personality
- Pig grunts convey very important information and at times these sounds can be lifesaving
- The pig snout has the highest density of tactile receptors
- A pig’s sense of smell is 2000 times more sensitive than a human’s
- Pigs like to get massages by rubbing on trees, other animals, or maybe a building, etc.
- Pigs love to relax to music and are very curious
- Pigs love enrichment toys and like being challenged